- There is no alcohol allowed during a motorsports event. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and will result in removal from the track.
- Drivers of all vehicles must wear helmets as required by NHRA rules.
- All drivers must show proof of valid drivers license. All under 18 are required to fill out a parental consent form.
- Drivers must wear sleeved shirts and long pants. No open toed shoes allowed.
- Drivers must pass tech and get the appropriate armband to race.
- Pits and return road speed limit is 15km/h.
- Dial ins must be clearly printed on the drivers side, front and rear windows.
- NO stunting whatsoever in any area except the burnout box.
- Vehicles must pass an IHRA approved tech inspection.
- Street legal vehicles must be registered and insured to run.
- All jackstands MUST have plywood under the legs. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- No draining of any fluids on the ground.
- All members are required to help in any emergency or fluid spill.
- All members are required to volunteer and work when they are scheduled.
- A complete list of rules are available from any VDRA board member.
- TECH INSPECTORS DECISIONS ARE FINAL!!!
- VDRA has the right to expel anyone from the grounds.
BASIC TECH RULES
- Decent body. not excessively rusted or damaged.
- Decent tires. some tread left on street tires.
- No fluid leaks. Zero tolerance.
- Coolant overflow bottle.
- Dual throttle return springs unless stock from factory.
- Battery properly tied down. No bungee straps.
- Brakes must be in perfect working conditon. Brake pedal must “feel” good, not weak.
- Neutral safety switch must work.
- Exhaust must not be loose or excessively low.
- Car must have proper seat belts or harness.
- There may be no excessively cracked windows.
- All lugnuts must be present and tight.
- Everyone must wear a helmet.
- Every car must have one working red taillight(night racing)
- Cars with battery’s in the trunk must have an external kill switch mounted on rear of car.
- All cars with “drag radials” or drag slicks must run driveshaft loop and extended wheel studs.(thru rim min. 1/2″)
How the Racer can help make this a fun activity for everyone
- Maintain the speed limits in the pits and on the return road.
- Keep your lights on after dark.
- Have your Tech Card filled out and ready to go when the tech inspector reaches you. Make sure all people intending to drive have signed the tech card.
- Watch out for moving vehicles at all times.
- No one under the age of 16 in staging lanes.
- Listen to the direction of all officials and raceway personnel.
- Help with clean ups when required.
Memberships are $60 and are available from club executive.